Yesterday’s launch of the Community Law Australia campaign at the High Court of Australia drew widespread media attention to the need to fund quality legal help for ordinary Australians in their local communities.
National spokesperson Hugh de Kretser faced a busy media round for the launch, in print and radio interviews, a press gallery tour of Federal Parliament, and on the Ten Network’s The Project.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Justice out of reach, The Project, Ten Network, 17 July 2012 (1.32 into clip, after ad)
- Calls for increased funding of legal aid, ABC Radio National Breakfast, 16 July 2012
- Legal system too costly for many, ABC Hobart Statewide Mornings, 16 July 2012
- Lawyers call for legal aid increase, The Age, 17 July 2012
- Call for $330m funding boost for legal aid, ABC 774 Melbourne Mornings, 16 July 2012
- Double legal aid, say community lawyers, The Australian, 16 July 2012
- Cost leaves Aussies without legal aid, The Queensland Times, 16 July 2012
- Community legal centres turning clients away, ABC News Online, 17 July 2012
Interviews also took place with ABC Canberra and a number of commercial stations.
We welcome your comments, and please let us know if you become aware of coverage we can share with our campaign supporters.